Unlike asphalt shingle roofs, which are nailed tight to the underlayment, tile and slate roofs allow air and moisture vapor to flow beneath them.
Using a high-performance underlayment will allow moisture from within an unvented or highly insulated structure to diffuse outward into the ventilated space, preventing moisture accumulation.
DELTA®-FOXX is the highest vapor-permeable, water-resistive underlayment on the market today. It is a 2-layer roof underlayment, specifically designed for use with tile and slate roofs.
- 2-layer roof underlayment
- Water-repellent dispersion coating
- Composed of special polyester non-woven substrate
- Class A fire rated
- Watertight, resisting the passage of bulk water from wind-driven rain and snow
- Tough, waterproof and wind resistant, keeping insulation dry and functional
- Ideal for long-term roofs to help prevent an expensive, premature replacement
- Very high water vapor permeability, ensuring excess moisture is quickly removed from the roof
- Lightweight, easily lined up and unrolled, making application more efficient and reducing costs
- Does not distort or buckle
- Smooth underside of the product allows it to be effortlessly pulled over rough-sawn surfaces
- Anti-glare coating prevents annoying reflections even in extreme sunlight
- Extremely tear and scuff resistant, making walking on it – wet or dry – firm and safe underfoot