To turn your basement into a usable, livable space, proper moisture protection is necessary. Moisture barriers are often installed only on the walls of a basement and not the floor. Moisture diffuses from the area of high concentration below for the floor slab, to the low area of concentration in the basement.
DELTA®-PROTEC is a dimpled, heavy-duty, green plastic membrane for basement and slab-on-grade floors that helps to keep moisture out of your basement. The membrane provides a significantly more comfortable floor.
DELTA®-PROTEC protects sensitive materials by providing a reliable capillary break and vapor barrier. In a conventional basement, dry air in the living space acts as a “magnet” for water vapor migrating up through the concrete. The air gap created by DELTA®-PROTEC allows the water vapor pressure above and below the concrete slab to equalize, while preventing the moisture from migrating further inwards. Hence, moisture does not affect the flooring material and your basement area stays dry and comfortable. The membrane also provides a thermal break, which increases the comfort in your basement and makes the floor feel warmer.
• Air-gap membrane
• Composed of a special High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
• Provides a reliable capillary break and vapor barrier, ensuring a dry, livable basement
• Creates a thermal break, making basement floor feel warmer
• Impact-resistant HDPE makes the product extremely tough and rugged
• Outstanding compressive strength of >5,200 psf (250 kN/m²)
• Minimal reduction in head room (8 mm)
• Installed dimple side down, a ventilated air space is created above the slab, allowing equalization of water vapor pressure
• Seams are simply taped with DELTA®-MOISTUREPROOF TAPE to ensure that moisture cannot migrate inwards through the joint areas
• The lightweight product comes in two different roll sizes. It is fast and easy enough for the average homeowner to install
• DELTA®-PROTEC topped with plywood sheets will allow a variety of floor coverings to be installed: carpeting with underlay, vinyl flooring, hardwood flooring
• Laminate floors can be laid directly on top of the membrane